Should we name new kitty Jax or Fivel?

Friday, September 4, 2009

Yummies

I subscribe to 95 blogs in my Google Reader. Half of them are blogs from friends and family; the rest are a pretty good mix. I read blogs about what's going on in DC, fun projects to do with the preschoolers, cooking ideas, coupon/internet deals, decorating/uncluttering ideas, modest fashion, consumer blogs, a few tech-y sites, and then I round it all out with a bunch of dumb humor blogs.

I digress.

I got the idea for the treat shown above from Conversations with a Cupcake. It's more of a summer-y snack, but you should still try it sometime. I cut pieces of bread into fourths (tangent: there is an Entenmann's outlet in town that I just discovered. I walked out with 12 english muffins, 6 subs for sandwiches and this high fiber Arnold-brand bread used in the picture for $3. Yeah, $3), then made little sandwiches with peanut butter, marshmallow fluff, nutella, bananas and strawberries. I used a toothpick to keep them together, but it really isn't necessary 'cause you'll just eat them really fast.

No comments: