Should we name new kitty Jax or Fivel?

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Proving Me Wrong

So today we were getting ready for church, and a conversation similar to the following takes place:

Joe: You can just drive to Church. I'm going to eat a little, and then it only takes like 5 minutes to walk there, so I'll meet up with you.

Britt: 5 minutes? Are you kidding me? It would take way longer than that!

Joe: No it wouldn't.

Britt: Yes it would!

And so on...

We paid close attention to the odometer on the way to Church; it's exactly one mile away. So during Sacrament Meeting, (yes we mostly paid attention) Joe decides he could run home in less than 15 minutes. I was highly skeptical.

P1040238

This is Joe stretching before his big run.

P1040240

This is Joe running through someone's yard.

Guess who walked through the door 14:59 later? In his church clothes and shoes? Having run through yards and small sidewalks and up hills? My hubby, who would go to great lengths to prove me wrong. I accepted my defeat gracefully, and willingly took my first Halo lesson tonight (Joe's "prize").

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hilarious. And what's even more hilarious is that Joe's prize was giving you a Halo lesson...the things the Cramer men will choose as prizes!

Deanna said...

I am horrible at Halo. I end up committing suicide the whole game...not on purpose. Run Joe, run.
xoxoxo