Should we name new kitty Jax or Fivel?

Monday, February 22, 2010

The Giggles

Yesterday at Church, we were without our "overflow" gym seating, so the Bishop asked some of us to sit on the stand in the choir seats. Right before the Sacrament hymn started, Joe grabbed the hymnal and started flipping through the pages really fast to get to the right page in time. Except when he got to the right spot, THE PAGE WAS MISSING!

That's all it took...for two whole verses we were bent over in our seats, giggling uncontrollably. My face was bright red, and we just kept whisper-laughing "STOP LAUGHING!" to each other. Had we not been on the stand, where the rest of the ward could see us laughing at a really inappropriate time, I don't know how funny this would have been. As I write this, it doesn't even seem that funny anymore. But trust me, it was.

I love so much that Joe and I both have families and great friends that love to laugh...and giggle...and stop breathing...and then burst into giggles again on occasion due to over-laughter/inappropriateness of said laughter.

Like one time we were in Park City, and Marcus's fake leg fell off and we all yelled "OH NO!" and some people who didn't know him thought his actual leg had just fallen off.

Sometimes I will think about that and just start laughing and can't tell Joe what I'm laughing about for a few minutes, so he has to guess. Then as he's guessing, he's telling me other funny things and I start laughing about those, too.

My name is Brittney, and I'm a giggleholic.

7 comments:

Anita Wells said...

love it! i can just picture you two up there...

Abbie said...

I love moments like that. I can see how that would be pretty funny especially since the entire ward could see you! :)

Karson, Betsy, Izzy, and Beckham said...

I can remember some pretty good giggle moments with you!!!

Ashley said...

I too am a giggleholic, and we've also shared these moments... :)

Joe said...

nothing can compare to the french bread incident.

Arya said...

Hi, I'm Arya & I too am a giggleaholic....

they say "laughter is the best medicine" and I always feel loads better after a good giggle and usually I giggle at the most inappropriate times as well...

Anonymous said...

AMEN SISTER! I laughed hysterically through this post.

I took a taxi to the airport in Tuscon with two colleagues and the round lady taxi driver smelled SO SOUR I could not STOP LAUGHING! I was laughing so hard and making up excuses- but we all knew what was going on (except the driver, maybe). It was freezing outside and we all rolled down the windows and the driver was like- do you want the air conditioner on? NO! we all yelled, the CRISP fresh air is so nice this time of year....