Should we name new kitty Jax or Fivel?

Monday, November 12, 2007

Thanksgiving Driving: 1 day, 10 hours...and counting.




Joe and I are lucky enough this year to turn our normal 4-day Thanksgiving weekend into a 9-day Thanksgiving extravaganza. We're leaving this Friday to catch a show in Vegas, then we're spending a few days with my brother and sister-in-law in Southern California. For Thanksgiving, we'll be with Joe's sister and brother-in-law in Northern California. We have a few things we want to do and see...but are open to suggestions! If you know of something we just have to do, please tell us. Here's the GPS system I begged Joe to let me get. I'm not sure if he was tired of me talking about it, or if he didn't want to be the map-reader on this trip. Either way, thanks dear!

4 comments:

Abbie said...

Though Thanksgiving sounds fun, I am not very jealous of the drive. But hopefully once you hit the 5 and head north, things will look a little better.

The Gainors said...

you guys will have so much fun. you should take the 1 and the 101 when you head north though- it's longer but then you can see the whole coast instead of bakersfield and modesto. if you go that way, you should definatly go to hearst castle and stop in monteray-do the 7 mile drive-it's gorgeous. have fun!

Brittany said...

Hi,
I found your blog by accident. I have a granddaughter Brittany who is also married to a Joe. I got you blog instead of their blog. Good luck, and check out their blog.
lifeofjoeandbritt.blogspot.com.
We also have a granddaughter who lives in northern Calif. who is coming south for Thanksgiving.
have fun on your travels

Deanna said...

I didn't get a Thanksgiving...or snow. We went to the American Embassy in hopes of getting a free turkey dinner in Ireland. But, alas, they were closed because it was an American holiday. Poor me.
xoxoxo